Friday, March 22, 2013

DIY Pearled Letters

So I've been preparing to move back in with my parents after I graduate in May, *groans*and I've been thinking a lot about how I'm going to redecorate my bedroom. My room hasn't changed since I was 12, (think light blue walls and bedding, boy band posters, and Winnie the Pooh bathroom decor) so it's definitely time for a change!

Thankfully I'll be coming back with a much more mature bedding and bathroom set, but there's still the problem of decor. So in my down time I've been working on a little DIY project I learned from my friend Katherine! Pearled letters!


It's such an easy project but the results are beautiful! So let's get started!

All you need for this project is:

  • A wooden letter of your choice
  • A glue gun 
  • Glue sticks
  • Loose crafting pearls or jewels

I bought all of my supplies at my local Michaels, but I'm sure you can find these supplies at any crafting store.

Let your glue gun heat up for about 5 minutes and then place glue on any corner of the letter you'd like to start with. Place the pearl or jewel on the glue immediately after gluing! If you wait too long the glue will harden and the pearls won't stick. Make your way across the letter, gluing small sections.


It took me about 45 min to an hour to complete each letter and I still had plenty of pearls left over for the next letter! Now all I have to do is figure out what color to paint my room. Redecorating is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment