Saturday, June 23, 2012

Eggs, eggs, eggs!


So I have been hearing a lot about using eggs as protein treatments. It is essential to do a protein treatment at least once a month depending on the texture of your hair. Here is an article I found about protein and your hair, check it out.

Anywho, so I found a egg protein treatment recipe on Wednesday that I decided to try out just to see how it works. Apparently it would stop breakage as soon as I put it in. Of course this made me even more excited to try it so I decided to wash my hair that very day (I was due for a wash anyways).

Here's the recipe:

-1 egg
-1/4 cup olive oil
-2 tbsp mayo (I didn't have any mayo so I skipped this one)

After I shampooed my hair, I massaged the mixture in my hair and saran wrapped my head. Yes. I saran wrapped my head, but you can use a shower cap if you would like. I left it in for about 30 minutes then rinsed it out. Let me tell you, my hair didn't break as promised, but it was rough! But fear not, an hour of moisturizing later it was nice and soft...and strong! No breakage in sight!

Overall, I was very pleased by my results, but next time I'm definitely gonna use mayonnaise and see if there's a difference. I expect the same results though. I'm going to try this twice a month and see if if makes a difference in the quality of my hair.

What do you guys do to get your hair the protein it needs? I'd love to hear your methods!



No comments:

Post a Comment